Wednesday, July 17, 2013

செல்வராகவன் பேட்டி

A must read interview of SELVARAGHAVAN with superb answers!  (Copied from FB )

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/tamil/news-interviews/No-filmmaker-has-satisfied-100-per-cent-of-the-audience/articleshow/21104213.cms

///We've been blindly accepting whatever is shown in Hollywood films; even if the film is set in deepest part of Africa and the characters speak in English, we accept it. In Avatar, the characters are not even from this world, and yet, when they speak accented English, we close our eyes and believe it. But, if a person speaks Tamil elsewhere, we ask hundred thousand questions. We must respect our own cinema. Otherwise, we are going to kill it or watch punch dialogues and comedy films all our lives.///

/// In India, people think that VFX means making bullets and cars fly. But there's much more to it than this. I've done two films that have major VFX, and take it from me, it's not easy///

/// During Mayakkam enna, ‪#‎Dhanush‬ came to me and said, 'I've been in the industry for 12 years now, and have done three films with you. So, if you teach me one more time what to do, it's a big insult to me as an actor. It means I haven't learnt any s**t from you.'///

///Have you decided on your next film?
I might work with my brother or do a film with Rana, which is long due, or start my long-pending film in Hindi or even quit the industry. My health is not perfect, and I'm taking everything slowly. And, I want to spend a lot of time with my family; my daughter is not letting me step out of the house. Filmmaking is everything for me, and I'm ready to quit it for my daughter. If some rich man adopts me and pays off my loan, I'd happily stay at home and raise my kids.///

No comments:

Post a Comment